Monday, November 23, 2009

 I try to keep a professional portfolio of my work, unfortunately in a professional picture you can't tell the size of the piece.  I try to include the size as often as I can but... I still get people asking how big an object "really" is.  I meditated on this for a while and I realized that I have very few pictures of my pottery in a real life setting.  I am going to try to remedy this in the future.  My brother's an amazing carpenter.  I described the shelving I wanted for Swiss Day's from a partial picture a quick sketch and a verbal description, and two weeks later I had the exact shelves I had seen in my head.  As we are no longer in festival season so I'm going to put the shelves in my living room as display shelving.  My hope is that I will be able to take some pictures of my pieces on display to better explain sizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page