Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I love the ZOO!!




I don't know how many people know this about me but, I love the Zoo, and I mean any and all Zoo's.  Hogle Zoo is the official zoo in utah.  I am a home grown Utahan I've lived within 300 miles of where I was born my hole life, but the first time I went to our local zoo was with my husband 2 years ago.  Hogle zoo isn't a very big zoo, you can speed walk the entire zoo in about 15 min. but for me this is at least a half day event, sometimes more.  Like this weekend for example.  On August 10 there was a baby elephant born at the zoo, it went on exhibition friday Sept 11.  It has been on my calendar since they announced the day the baby would go on exhibit.  My husband and I weren't able to go up on opening day, but we made it up to see Zuri this weekend.  When in your life do you get to see a month old baby elephant?  I was worse than all the little kids.  I worked my way around to the front of the exhibit where the stadium seating is, and parked it.  The baby elephant is soooo cute.  It must be baby season at the zoo because there was also a baby giraffe and three baby tigers.  I had so much fun spending the day with my hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page