Sunday, August 23, 2009

I love this girl.

I brought some mugs to a family dinner thinking I would have some extra time while visiting to assemble a few handles and embellishments.  As soon as the clay came out of the car the spark of inquisitive fire came alive in my nieces eyes. She sat next to me for almost 2 hours making, snakes, dragons, princesses in distress, and telling stories in my favorite english accent (she's 5).  Most importantly though, she might be the best "glue" (slip) application expert I have ever worked with.  Anytime I needed some "glue" and a few times when I didn't she would happily put down her clay friends load up the paint brush, and heap an exorbitant amount of slip onto the dime size spot I had pointed to. Awesome! I probably will have to replace a few paint brushes and a few mugs bit the dust, but spending time with this girl is priceless.  She even named the mugs, all of them, they are exactly the same. I hope she never loses her imagination.  Thanks for all the help baby girl.                                        

1 comment:

Locations of visitors to this page